MMA fans have been struggling this past week without a UFC event, however we can look forward to a spectacular return to action.
The UFC 264 Pay-Per-View card will open the month of July for the world’s premier MMA organization, with a card that is stacked to the gills with star matchups, top prospects, and title eliminators.
The card features the trilogy bout between Dustin Poirier and Conor McGregor, following Poirier’s knockout over McGregor back in January. The card also features a top-five Welterweight contest between Gilbert Burns and Stephen Thompson, while a wild Heavyweight matchup takes the featured bout.
The official poster was recently dropped, as seen below, along with the promo trailer for the event.
The official bout order and start times have been released as well, as listed below.
Main Card (10:00 PM EST on PPV)
- Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor (Lightweight)
- Gilbert Burns vs. Stephen Thompson (Welterweight)
- Tai Tuivasa vs. Greg Hardy (Heavyweight)
- Irene Aldana vs. Yana Kunitskaya (Bantamweight)
- Sean O’Malley vs. Kris Moutinho (Bantamweight)
Prelims (8:00 PM EST on ESPN)
- Carlos Condit vs. Max Griffin (Welterweight)
- Niko Price vs. Michel Pereira (Welterweight)
- Ryan Hall vs. Ilia Topuria (Featherweight)
- Trevin Giles vs. Dricus du Plessis (Middleweight)
Early Prelims (6:00 PM EST on UFC FightPass)
- Jennifer Maia vs. Jessica Eye (Flyweight)
- Omari Akhmedov vs. Brad Tavares (Middleweight)
- Zhalgas Zhumagulov vs. Jerome Rivera (Flyweight)
- Alen Amedovski vs. Yaozong Hu (Middleweight)
Unfortunately, we have lost a few fighters from the card. Most notably, Kevin Lee suffered an injury and his fight against Sean Brady has been postponed. Furthermore, when Louis Smolka was forced to pull out, Kris Moutinho got his call up to the big leagues to take on rising star Sean O’Malley.
Stay tuned to our home page for upcoming news on this card as well as all other news in the MMA world!
Categories: UFC News
Leave a Reply