March was a fantastic month for MMA and UFC fans, with the UFC putting on four shows including two Pay-Per-View cards. The most recent event saw Francis Ngannou finally get his hands on UFC gold. This month also saw the return of Leon Edwards, Adesanya’s bid for double champ status, and many other fantastic fights.
April looks to be another impressive month, with three UFC shows lined up, including the Octagon’s return to ABC as well as UFC 261, where Kamaru Usman and Jorge Masvidal will run it back.
The first show will UFC on ABC 2 and be broadcasted from the UFC Apex on April 12th. Though Darren Till was just forced off the card, but a replacement was quickly found in Kevin Holland. The full fifteen fight card is as follows.
- Marvin Vettori vs. Kevin Holland (MW)
- Sodiq Yusuff vs. Arnold Allen (FTW)
- Kyle Daukaus vs. Aliaskhab Khizriev (MW)
- Sam Alvey vs. Julian Marquez (MW)
- Nina Ansaroff vs. Mackenzie Dern (SW)
- Mike Perry vs. Daniel Rodriguez (WW)
- Jim Miller vs. Joe Solecki (LW)
- Scott Holtzman vs. Mateusz Gamrot (LW)
- Erin Blanchfield vs. Norma Dumont (BW)
- John Makdessi vs. Ignacio Bahamondes (LW)
- Yorgan de Castro vs. Jarjis Danho (HW)
- Hunter Azure vs. Jack Shore (BW)
- Luis Saldana vs. Jordan Griffin (FTW)
- Da Un Jung vs. William Knight (LHW)
- Impa Kasanganay vs. Sasha Palatnikov (WW)
On April 17th, Robert Whittaker and Kelvin Gastelum will meet at UFC on ESPN 22 in a rebooking of their scrapped UFC 234 fight. This is the smallest card as of right now, but it is set with 13 bouts.
- Robert Whittaker vs. Kelvin Gastelum (MW)
- Gerald Meerschaert vs. Bartosz Fabinski (MW)
- Alexander Romanov vs. Juan Espino (HW)
- Drakkar Klose vs. Jeremy Stephens (LW)
- Chase Sherman vs. Parker Porter (HW)
- Tracy Cortez vs. Justine Kish (FLW)
- Natan Levy vs. Austin Hubbard (LW)
- Luis Pena vs. Alex Munoz (LW)
- Ricardo Ramos vs. Bill Algeo (FTW)
- Jessica Penne vs. Lupita Godinez (SW)
- Tony Gravely vs. Anthony Birchak (BW)
- Abdul Razak Alhassen vs. Jacob Malkoun (MW)
- Zarah Fairn vs. Josiane Nunes (BW)
Finally, April’s PPV card will take place on April 24th. UFC 261 is loaded with three title fights and we can expect a fantastic event with all these fights set to go down.
- Kamaru Usman vs. Jorge Masvidal II (WW Title)
- Weili Zhang vs. Rose Namajunas (SW Title)
- Valentina Shevchenko vs. Jessica Andrade (FLW Title)
- Chris Weidman vs. Uriah Hall (MW)
- Anthony Smith vs. Jimmy Crute (LHW)
- Randy Brown vs Alex Oliveira (WW)
- Brendan Allen vs. Karl Roberson (MW)
- Danaa Batgerel vs. Kevin Natividad (BW)
- Jeff Molina vs. Qileng Aori (FLW)
- Johnny Munoz Jr. vs. Jamey Simmons (BW)
- Zhu Rong vs. Kazula Vargas (LW)
- Dwight Grant vs. Stefan Sekulic (WW)
- Ariane Carnelossi vs. Na Liang (SW)
I for one, cannot wait for each and every one of these cards! Stay tuned for the predictions and post-fight breakdowns!
Categories: UFC News